Leaving Home / Coming Home: A Day of Ritual, Remembering, and Celebration
An important chapter is coming to a close for Chrysalis.
In early 2018, we will leave our Carytown home of the last 10 years and move into a beautiful new home in the heart of Richmond's Museum District. This new, larger space offers features and amenities that will allow Chrysalis to continue the rapid growth we've experienced over the last few years, and we're excited about our future there.
However, as we prepare to make this move, we want to pause and gather as a community to celebrate the space we are leaving behind and all that has happened there — and to contemplate our hopes for all that is to come in our new home.
This open-house style gathering/ritual is an opportunity to do just that. You will have the opportunity to:
- Participate in a reflective spiral walk ritual to honor the blessings you've received in Chrysalis' current home and to open yourself to what is yet to come
- Participate in the creation of a wall hanging for Chrysalis' new home that will symbolize what we are carrying with us from the home we are leaving
- Take away a symbol of your experiences to remind you of how you've been affected by the time you've spent at Chrysalis
- Offer words of blessing for Chrysalis' new home
- Gather with others to share memories and stories about important experiences you've had in the space that Chrysalis will soon be leaving.
Drop in at any time between 2pm and 6pm to participate. Each hour will feature periods of silence (for the spiral walk and other rituals) and periods of conversation (for sharing memories and stories).
And plan to join us again in early 2018 when we'll gather to bless our new home, unveil the wall hanging, and celebrate the beginning of a new chapter for Chrysalis!
When: Sunday, December 10, 2pm to 6pm
Where: Chrysalis Gathering Space, 3527 Ellwood Avenue
Hosts: Camille Bird, Elaine Kiziah, Martha Tyler